OSCAR is a non-partisan and non-profit peak organisation for resident and community organisations on the Sunshine Coast.
The objectives of OSCAR are to have the Noosa Council and the Sunshine Coast Regional Council achieve and maintain:
- Transparent and accountable governance, including community consultation that is respected and acted upon;
- A culture in which planning schemes are subject to amendment only in the public interest after a rigorous process of public consultation and never to expedite the approval of a development application;
- A rate of population growth consistent with a balance between the natural and built environments that permits a comfortable lifestyle and preserves biodiversity;
- Retention of the existing character of towns and villages, with future urban development low-rise and supported by environmentally responsible transport options;
- Developers being fully responsible for project infrastructure costs; and
- Rates set as low as possible consistent with efficient and effective delivery of local government services.
- Verge Parking Workshop minutes and report
OSCAR was invited to attend the Verge Parking Workshop held at the Lake Kawana Community Centre on Monday, 12 February 2018. There were a number of presentations and speakers – and lots of information to take in. The organisations represented – the council itself, community organisations, representatives from the utility companies and the business/developer sector […]
- Yaroomba development update
If you want a primer on the Sekisui development we recommend that you read the article from Scott Sawyer in Saturday’s Sunshine Coast Daily (3 February 2018) on pages 18-19. The article is a comprehensive, up-to-date and balanced summary of where this issue is at the moment and is another example of the excellent coverage […]
- OSCAR meets with Sandy Bolton
OSCAR members Greg Smith, Gillian Hall and Tony Gibson along with Adrian Williams, President of the Noosa Shire Residents & Ratepayers Association, had the pleasure of meeting with the new Independent member for Noosa on 31 January 2018. Sandy made us feel very welcome and was most generous with her time. We had a productive […]
- Verge Parking Workshop – What do you think?
OSCAR has just received the following invitation from the CEO, Sunshine Coast Regional Council (see below). We have indicated our intention to attend the workshop on behalf of our member organisations and we are keen to hear the view of our members and the community as a whole on this issue and particularly the 3 […]