OSCAR is a non-partisan and non-profit peak organisation for resident and community organisations on the Sunshine Coast.
The objectives of OSCAR are to have the Noosa Council and the Sunshine Coast Regional Council achieve and maintain:
- Transparent and accountable governance, including community consultation that is respected and acted upon;
- A culture in which planning schemes are subject to amendment only in the public interest after a rigorous process of public consultation and never to expedite the approval of a development application;
- A rate of population growth consistent with a balance between the natural and built environments that permits a comfortable lifestyle and preserves biodiversity;
- Retention of the existing character of towns and villages, with future urban development low-rise and supported by environmentally responsible transport options;
- Developers being fully responsible for project infrastructure costs; and
- Rates set as low as possible consistent with efficient and effective delivery of local government services.
- Vehicle Parking Workshop – What do you think?
OSCAR has just received the following invitation from the CEO, Sunshine Coast Regional Council (see below). We have indicated our intention to attend the workshop on behalf of our member organisations and we are keen to hear the view of our members and the community as a whole on this issue and particularly the 3 […]
- Sunshine Coast projects that will define 2018
These projects are set to reach a significant milestone or completion in 2018. 1. Sunshine Plaza redevelopment MORE than 100 new shops, major retailers including Big W and David Jones and a new waterfront dining precinct are expected to open this year as part of the Sunshine Plaza redevelopment. Centre manager Michael Manwaring said if […]
- Do you share the Mayor’s vision for 2018?
The SCRC Mayor outlines his vision for the Sunshine Coast region in 2018 in the article reproduced below. OSCAR supports much of what the Mayor is saying but would qualify this support by saying: The SCRC needs to work better with the whole community to determine what is wanted for the region through meaningful consultation […]
- LNP leader’s Sunshine Coast commitment
[Source: Bill Hoffman, Sunshine Coast Daily 28 December 2017] OPPOSITION leader Deb Frecklington would back the election stands by her Sunshine Coast colleagues against planning changes at Yaroomba and a casino for the Maroochydore CBD. And she has made clear she would hold Labor and Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk to account to deliver infrastructure critical to […]