Welcome to OSCAR
OSCAR is a non-partisan and non-profit peak organisation for resident and community organisations on the Sunshine Coast.
The objectives of OSCAR are to have the Noosa Council and the Sunshine Coast Regional Council achieve and maintain:
- Transparent and accountable governance, including community consultation that is respected and acted upon;
- A culture in which planning schemes are subject to amendment only in the public interest after a rigorous process of public consultation and never to expedite the approval of a development application;
- A rate of population growth consistent with a balance between the natural and built environments that permits a comfortable lifestyle and preserves biodiversity;
- Retention of the existing character of towns and villages, with future urban development low-rise and supported by environmentally responsible transport options;
- Developers being fully responsible for project infrastructure costs; and
- Rates set as low as possible consistent with efficient and effective delivery of local government services.