OSCAR is still waiting for confirmation of the chairperson for the MRECG which Council indicates should happen soon. Once the appointment of the Chair is confirmed the Council will finalise the membership of the MRECG. The Council has advised us that what has been already done includes:
- Consultants have been engaged and the cost benefit analysis of the available options to manage erosion at the river entrance has been completed
- Venues across the region are booked and dates locked in for face to face community consultation (see below)
- A fact sheet has been developed which will be utilised during the consultation sessions
- The Media and Communications Branch is fully briefed and will mobilise necessary media with the appointment of the MRECG
- A webpage and project email address is being developed that will go live once the consultation commences
- EOIs have been called for membership on the MRECG which will be completed once the chair is appointed
Following the consultation, a report will be presented at the December Ordinary Meeting for Council’s consideration.
In preparation for this the Council has locked in dates and booked venues for the broader community consultation which will occur on the following dates:
15 August – Coolum Surf Club – 6pm to 8pm
17 August – Caloundra Power Boat Club – 6pm to 8pm
22 August – Maroochy Surf Club – 6pm to 8pm
24 August – Maleny RSL – 6pm to 8pm
29 August – Nambour RSL – 6pm to 8pm
OSCAR will keep you posted on developments.